Sometimes we need to write to the civil archives in Italy requesting information about our ancestor. Below you will find a number of basic letters that you are welcome to copy and use. Many of the people that I have helped with their Anglo Italian research have used these free Italian translations with excellent results. I always suggest that you enclose a small amount of money to cover the cost of copies and postage however you are not obliged to do so. If you have any doubts as to where you need to write please visit the Anglo Italian Genealogy page. http://angloitaliangenresearch.blogspot.com/ I also have a concise list of books on Italian Genealogy which covers numerous countries. http://italiangenealogybooks.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to link to this page so that others can make use of it.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Italian translation requesting a Certificate Stato di Famiglia o Situazione della Famiglia



As far as I am concerned this is one of the most important documents that you can obtain. Here it not only gives you details of your ancestor but all the family members that are over 18 years of age. On the one I received for my Great grandfather this included details of when they actually left the Comune and where they went to, this helped me obtain an idea of when they actually emigrated away from Italy. I suggest that you request the certificate for the father if this is known rather than the son or daughter. You will be charged for this but it is a minimal set sum. However as in the other letters you have the choice (4) of enclosing 10€ or take that part out and (3) asking for them to let you know what you owe.

.........................................................................

Ufficio Anagrafe di (name of town)
Italy


Egregi Signori,
Vi sarei estremamente grato se poteste effettuare una ricerca nei vostri registri e spedirmi il certificato di stato di famiglia di (Family surname and fathers name if you know it ) ...........................

Moglie (wife) ......................... if unknown put "sconosciuto"

Also add any childern (Figlio) born in the same comune with a year (this can be your ancestor).
Figlio
Full name ..................... nato intorno al (year of birth) ...................

3) Vi prego di volermi comunicare l'ammontare dovuto per spese e postali nonché specificare il metodo di pagamento da voi preferito.

Or

(4) Accludo 10 euros, nel casa questa somma non fosse sufficiente, Vi prego di fami sapere quanto ancora ve devo.


Ringraziando Vi anticipatamente per la Vostra attenzione.

Distinti saluti,


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Translation


Dear Sir:

I would appreciate it if you could examine your records and send me a family certificate (certificato di stato di famiglia) for the family ......................

Wife’s details if known ..............................

Your ancestor if he is a son or daughter and any other children born in that commune in Italy

Children
Full name ............... year of birth .........................

(3)Please let me know how much I owe you for any cost incurred and how you would like me to send the money.
Or
(4)I enclose 10 € for the expenses occurred, if this is insufficient please let me know and I will send the total sum as soon as possible

Thank you kindly for your help.

Sincerely,



*
I hope that you receive a response to these free Italian translations, do let me know by leaving a comment.

No comments: